There are a number of dependent steps which need to be taken, so the following will be helpful to you.
(Please note: this is first draft after adding the new work permit requirements)
|Four months before departure
- Agree your planned visit to Mandritsara with the AM-FM Team Leader and obtain a ‘Letter of Invitation’
- Discuss possible MAF/Helimission flights to Mandritsara and make initial reservations
- Make sure that you have a valid passport with at least six months remaining on your planned return date. If not, get it renewed now.
- Go to Step 2 – DBS checks – start process
- Go to Step 3 – Work Permit – fill out forms
|Three months before departure
- Visit your GP / practice nurse – Plan and start your course of injections and decide on your malaria prophylaxis (see Things to Bring). Discuss any long-term medical problems/medication with your GP and the AM-FM Team Leader who will put you in touch with one of the team doctors here.
- Go to Step 4 – Visa preparation – start gathering required documents
- Get at least eight passport photos – two for your visa courtoise and the rest to bring with you.
|Two months before departure
||Once you have your work permit:
- Go to Step 5 – Confirm internal flights
- Go to Step 6 – Book international flights
- Go to Step 7 – Apply for your visa
- Complete injections
- Sort out how you will access your emails while in Mandritsara and prepare your laptop (see Orientation – Communications) and mobile phone.
|One month before departure
- Go to Step 8 – Liability Waiver – sign and return the form
- You may want to register with your embassy in Madagascar. For those coming from the UK see Foreign Office website or once you are in Madagascar.
- Contact David Mann if you have spare luggage capacity.
Pre-Departure — Things to bring