If you will NOT be working in Mandritsara and in Madagascar for less than 90 days, then you do not need a Work Permit nor a visa purchased in advance. In this case there are fewer steps you need to complete.
(However, if you will be working or there more than 90 days, then you must complete ALL the steps).
There are many other things you need to think through (such as inoculations, things to buy and pack) which are listed on the Orientation, Pre-departure page for Visitors. You need to be looking at these as well.
Please follow THESE STEPS IN order:
- Step 1 (All): enquiry about volunteering in Mandritsara
- Step 2 (All): DBS check – this sets out the detailed tasks you need to do to to help us apply for a DBS check. Click HERE for the detailed tasks
- Step 3 (W): not relevant for you – please go on to Step 5
- Step 4 (W): not relevant for you – please go on to Step 5
- Step 5 (All): Internal flights – you need to confirm your internal Madagascar flights with the AM-FM Flights Coordinator. Click HERE for more details.
- Step 6 (All): International flights – you need to book your international flights. You must have an international return flight before you can get your visa. Click HERE to access more details.
- Step 7 (W): not relevant for you – please go on to Step 8
- Step 8 (All): Liability waiver – You now need to complete and sign the AM-FM Liability Waiver. Click HERE for details.
- Step 9 (W): not relevant for you – please go on to Step 10
- Step 10 (All): Sit down and have a cup of tea! You will also find it useful to look at the main Mandritsara website, check out some of the recent events in ‘News‘, and request to receive the missionary prayer letters – click here to get them by email.
You can download a checklist of things to do by clicking here.