Step 6 (Visitors and Workers)
Now that you have received confirmation of your internal flights in Madagascar, you are almost in a position to book your international flights.
6a – consider timing of flights
Before you do so, please consider the next two points:
- We recommend that you aim to stay in Tana for at least 24 hours on arrival. This gives a margin of error if the international flight is delayed; it also allows you to do some supermarket shopping in Tana.
- Similarly, we recommend that you plan to spend at least 24 hours in Tana on your return journey. A pause in Tana helps you reflect on your time in Mandritsara and adjustment back into the busyness of life in the west.
6b – consider which airline and type of ticket
Also, before you book your flight, consider:
- which airline to fly with – see our Information pages
- using an experienced travel agent – see our Information pages
- purchasing a flexible ticket, which allows you to make changes at a later date (eg. if your visa is delayed, or your return trip changes)
- if the airline has special prices or extra luggage allowances for charity/overseas development staff – see our information pages